With detailed analytics related to an artists’ music and fans, Apple Music for Artists is set to help artists and their teams build their businesses and plan their careers.
TIO was given a tutorial of Apple Music for Artists, which offers access to streams and sales data in easy-to-digest formats.
Apple Music for Artists includes:
- Access to all stream plays including algorithmic radio, as well as song and album sales from iTunes.
- In-depth views by song, album, playlist, location, fan demographics, and more.
- Visibility into which Apple Music or curator playlists are driving the most streams of their music, how those trends change over time, as well as the demographics of the fans they resonate the most with.
- Artists can see how those playlists differentiate territory to territory and where those songs are positioned in the playlists.
- Insights into where their fans are growing and the ability to track streams and sales all the way down to the city level in over 100 countries. This makes it possible to easily plan tours, cater set lists for fans in each city, stock merchandise, vary promotions by region, or uncover unknown areas of popularity around the world.
- Music video views and performance metrics.
- Weekly data to cover music industry standard release weeks to enable artists to better monitor week-to-week success.
Available from today via the web app and iOS, Apple Music for Artists also comes with the added differentiator of Shazam data.
Following on from Apple’s acquisition of the music recognition app, the new platform offers artists Shazam data, including the top Shazamed cities and countries, and the average number of daily listeners of their music, viewed by country, city or song.
Another attractive feature to roll out as part of Apple Music for Artists are the automatic alerts for important and meaningful changes to artist data.
Some Apple Music for Artists alerts are:
- First week plays of a new release will be compared to all previous first week plays.
- New milestones (e.g. “1 Million Plays”).
- Sudden spikes in streams anywhere in the world will help focus efforts on the right places.
- Seminal moments like being added to an Apple Music playlist.
Verified Artists (AKA artists who have music on Apple Music and can verify their identity) can sign up and claim their account now at https://artists.apple.com/