Industry veteran Chris Carey is returning his global FastForward music business conference to Sydney.
Set to place again at Sydney’s University of Technology Sydney (UTS) on 11-12 April, FastForward has been dubbed “a fire hose of information” from TIO‘s Lars Brandle.
The schedule is still to be announced, but if it’s anything like the initial run in April this year, FastForward Sydney will serve as a seat of learning for Australia’s music industry.
Super Early Bird Delegate Passes are on sale now for $155.
FastForward first began back in late 2015 by Chris Carey (former Global Insight Director at labels EMI and Universal), with its inaugural conference taking place in Amsterdam. 2017 saw the expansion of FastForward into London, and this year saw the conference expand globally, with the inaugural Australian event taking place in April.
Watch an aftermovie of FastForward London:
The announcement comes alongside news that FastForward will return to the Muziekgebouw in Amsterdam for its fourth consecutive year.
FastForward’s flagship event will feature the likes of International Songwriters Mac and Phil (Hurts, Emeli Sande, Bloodstream, Chainsmokers), Jazz Sherman (Manager, Anne-Marie and recently named Artist Manager of The Year at the Artist & Manager Awards), London-based artist Jake Isaac, and Catherine Luckhoff (CEO Nichestreem, South Africa).
Official topics for the Amsterdam conference will be announced soon, however in an interview with TIO Chris Carey, Founder & CEO of FastForward, said:
“FastForward Amsterdam aims to bring together all corners of the music industry. In Amsterdam there will be panels on the future of vinyl (is it growing or declining?), the future of boutique festivals, staying healthy on the road, the role of playlists, and many more.”
The first wave of speakers for FastForward Amsterdam are:
- Aditi Arora, Senior Product Manager, Gracenote, USA
- Andy Hajitheodoulo, Product Design Lead, Kobalt
- Catherine Luckhoff, Founder and CEO Nichestreem, South Africa
- Chris Carey, Founder and CEO, Media Insight Consulting
- Ellie Rumbold, International Product Manager, Partisan Records
- Emily Scoggins, Marketing Consulting (formerly Head of Marketing, The O2)
- Giancarlo Sciama, Catalogue Marketing Consultant (formerly VP EMI and Universal)
- Jake Isaac, Artist and Songwriter
- James Fleury, Founder and CEO, Nouvague
- Jazz Sherman, Artist Manager, Anne-Marie
- Jenna Fentiman, Music and Composition Producer, Manners McDade
- Karen Emanuel, Owner, Key Productions
- Mac & Phil, International Songwriters (Chainsmokers, Emeli Sande, Naughty Boy)
- Poppy Reid, Managing Editor, Seventh Street Media, Australia
- Vangel Vlaski, Senior Label Manager, Proper Music Distribution
As reported by TIO earlier this year, FastForward has a global partnership with Kobalt’s recording company AWAL to support its global expansion. Its 2019 global partners also include Soundcharts, AIM (Association of Independent Music) and Media Insight Consulting.