After a colossal first few years since its launch, leading Australian independent music conference Indie-Con will make itself present in Adelaide in July.
This year, the conference will focus on several key areas of insight: China, Sync, Streaming, Smart Marketing, The Future of the Label, Artists as Entrepreneurs, Mental Health, Leadership, HR, Tech, Esports and Gaming, Copyright, and Financial Literacy.
China has been identified as a crucial market at this point for the Australian music industry, with guests Alessandro Pavanello and Lolly Fan sharing their insights on how we best tap into our largest neighbour.
For the first time, the event has announced one-to-one meetings for speakers [local and international] to connect with Indie-Con delegates throughout the event.
- Sync Outside the Box
- A Tech Health Check for Indies
- Esports and Gaming
- The Importance of Protecting Copyright
Speakers from all around the globe are being brought here to shed some light on the issues, and opportunities we need to be responding to.
Indie-Con 2019 Speakers:
- Alessandro Pavanello [Kanjian]
- Lolly Fan [Artist Manager, Maybe Mars]
- Graham Donald [Seven Network]
- Matthew Donlevy [Cooking Vinyl]
- Jen Taunton [Level Two Music]
- Rachel Kelly [Downtown Music Publishing]
- Phillip Mortlock [ORiGiN Music]
- Bill Wilson [Entertainment One]
- Jacqui Louez Schoorl [Jaxsta]
- Mick Tarbuk [Believe Digital]
- Paige X. Cho [Bolster]
- Guillaume Deront [Gleam Features]
- Thaddeus Rudd [Mom+Pop Music]
- Julian Hewitt [Media Arts Lawyers]
- Mads Brown [Fortress Esports]
- Katie Wighton [All Our Exes Live In Texas]
- Helen Smith [UK – IMPALA]
A key focus for the 2019 event is around positioning the artist as an entrepreneur, with several opportunities for professional development existing.
Professional Development Sessions
- Financial Literacy
- Wellbeing in the Music Industry.
Tickets for Indie-Con 2019 are now available through AIR.