The NSW government have released their half-yearly violent venues list. The list details the number of violent incidents that have happened in NSW over a 12-month period.
Venues that have amassed twelve or more violent incidents are subject to increased monitoring by Liquor & Gaming NSW.
Twelve licensed venues across NSW have been named in the report including Sydney’s The Argyle and Ivy. Full list below.
VIOLENT VENUES LIST ROUND 20
- The Argyle Sydney – The Rocks (25)
- The Coast Hotel – Coffs Harbour (19)
- Ivy – Sydney (17)
- The Sunken Monkey Hotel – Erina (17)
- Sydney Junction Hotel – Hamilton (16)
- Amaroo Hotel – Dubbo (15)
- Narellan Hotel – Narellan (13)
- King Street Hotel – Newcastle West (13)
- Beach Rd Hotel – Bondi Beach (12)
- Camden Hotel – Camden (12)
- Sugar Lounge (NSW) Pty Ltd – Manly (12)
- Fusion – Cronulla (12)
Paul Newsom, the NSW Deputy Secretary has claimed that the results show an improvement from the previous report, confirming that alcohol-related violence is down.
Newsom has stated “There are now two venues in the most restrictive level one category compared to three-six months ago, while the number of level two venues has fallen from 11 to 10,” Newsom continued. “This shows the violent venues scheme is having a positive impact in encouraging venues to reduce levels of alcohol-related violence.”
Mr. Newson has stated that there has been a considerable drop in violent incidents at venues from 1,270 to 183.
Unsurprisingly, The Star Casino did not appear on the list. As SMH notes, the casino is exempt from the Liquor Act 2007, so the assaults recorded are not available to the public.