Australian music industry, rejoice! FastForward: Sydney 2019 is here for its second annual conference. If the music industry is something you work in, are interested in, or are curious about, this is the place for you.
Held in UTS on April 11 and 12, this two-day pilgrimage is set to enlighten, invigorate and further elaborate any queries or curiosities you have as a potential, emerging, or even current music industry professional.
Think the future of music, the influence government policies toward our art scene, key trends, data, perspectives of strong industry figures, candid talks and open conversation. All whilst connecting with fellow members of the industry.
The event will feature:
- Keynote presented by Genevieve O’Neil, former director of diversity and inclusion
- A Q&A with Emma Donovan, celebrated Indigenous singer and songwriter who has performed with her family band the Donovans, co-founded Stiff Gins and is a regular with The Black Arm Band will be reflecting on a 20 year career.
- ABC Music Publishing manager Marianna Annas
- Labour politician John Graham
- NSW’s Shadow Minister for Music and the Night Time Economy
- Original Matters chief Cathy Oates who manages Alex The Astronaut and has guided the careers of Angus & Julia Stone and Dean Lewis.
Speakers over the two days include:
- Dean Ormston (CEO, APRA AMCOS)
- Dee Speed (Design Director, Google)
- Heidi Lenffer of Cloud Control)
- Takayuki Suzuki (ParadeALL)
- Julie Knibbe (VP Product, Soundcharts)
- Luke Girgis (CEO, The Brag Media)
- Renee Hermsen (Promoter, Live Nation)
- Simon Cahill (VP Partnerships + Audience Management, Warner Music Group)
- Keith Tan (CD Baby, Singapore)
- Jackie Antas (GM Communications, Live Nation ANZ)
- Poppy Reid (Managing Editor, The Brag Media).
There are still a few tickets available for the event, tickets include lunch for both days, along with an abundance of networking opportunities with industry professionals, and of course hours and hours of priceless information from these professionals.
What are you waiting for? Tickets available here sydney.fastforward.xyz.